THE NEW STATE
Originally constructed as a movie house in 1915, the theater was used in the 1970’s as a live music venue called the Electric Ballroom. In the 80’s, the club was renamed the Palms and was the first Milwaukee venue to host The Police and U2. Recently purchased, the building needs serious renovation after a fire in 2017. Once finished, The New State will become a hotbed for youth arts and will house a combination of non- and for-profit businesses, sharing and collaborating in the space.
Click to take a closer look!